Hello all! (:
It's been a while, I know. Time to update! So I have some birthday woes.
My father (per usual) decided to take my birthday plans upon himself. And what did he decide to do for my birthday? A replica of our family friend's daughter's birthday from a month ago. She happens to be my age as well. Know what else he copied from them? The guest list. Yes. My father invited 3 families to our house this Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I am quite familiar with one of the three families. The other, two - SERIOUSLY?!
Ranting Time:
I don't know them that well. I don't want to celebrate my birthday with acquaintances, I want to spend it with my family and friends. Yeah, they'll bring me gifts but I don't want my birthday to be remembered as that day I sat on my couch watching 7 hours straight of TV while my parents enjoyed my birthday with guests I did not want. The worst thing is that he probably invited them a month ago at our friend's birthday party. Now he can't back out, it's on Saturday, and there is NO way I am spending my birthday the way THEY want me to. It is mine. I'm not a bad person. I don't focus on myself alot. But this is my birthday. I've been thinking about the way I usually spend them, and they're not very eventful. This year.. This year was supposed to be MINE. Just once. But he took it. He took my birthday away from me. Now, I will spend my Saturday at work. After work I will go around, shop a bit. Maybe go to a movie by myself. Anything to get away from my house. I WILL NOT ruin this year. I don't even care. He didn't even think of me when he invited them. He thought of HIM. on my birthday. It's just so frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment