Context: Yelled at because I am an unhealthy child who spends 99% of her day on the computer
You don't know me. Since grade 6 we have spent 2-3 hours together on the weekdays, and less on the weekends. Any by together, I meant in the same house - not actually talking to each other. Just because you see me on the computer during the time you choose to notice does NOT mean you know my life. You don't even know what's going on in my life. If you know anything, you know my schedule, but barely. As long as you get that good morning text, you're okay. You think you know what i've been up to? Let me tell you something. Today? I ate a banana, an iced tea lemonade, some sour candies, an iced coffee, and a panini. Yeah. So go for it. Tell me I'm over eating. I have no appetite. I've had a bad appetite since I got sick a month ago. You tell me to drink more water? I've BEEN drinking water. It's probably 70% of my intake anyways. But you wouldn't know that. Because you know nothing. You tell us to go out, be active, but the second I try to go out, I'm being told I need to spend time with the family. Oh I'm sorry, you meant sit in the same building as my family. You be sitting there, telling me things you think I don't know, telling me to do things I BEEN doing since time, but just because I don't announce it that mean it's not happening. You wonder why I don't tell you things? Because you don't remember anything when I tell you. If I have a get together, a work shift, an errand, an appointment there's no point in telling you ahead of time because you don't make the effort to remember it. The second I forget your plans - oh ho ho - then I'm an inattentive fool? OKAY THERE. The combined hours I've spent on my laptop this week has been under 2. So SHUT. UP. You want me to open up, and tell you things about my life? You'll just judge me anyways. I don't need any more of that. I've learned the hard way that telling you my life doesn't bring any benefit. If I'm upset, or sad you are not the people I would talk to. It hurts your feelings that I don't tell you anything? Suck it up, because it's not about to happen. I can't be honest with you anyways. I'm not going to complain to you because you can't even keep interest EVEN when you ask me how things are going. It makes my life easier to keep you as out of the loop as possible. So no. I'm done here. I DON'T spend 11 hours on my computer - in 4 days I haven't had to charge my laptop. We aren't even breathing the same air for 11 hours in a week I don't eat like a crazy fat person, I barely eat in general. I DO drink water - probably more than you do. I AM ME. And you? You don't even know who that is. What you do know? Where I work. But you don't know when I'm working, how I like my work, which coworkers i love and hate. You know where I go to school and what I study but you don't know how much i love it and what I think about it and my social life there or even what classes I take. Even when i tell you, you wouldn't be able to tell me by the end of the semester. You don't even know my phone number.
So you can sit down now, turn on your TV, feel smug about giving me a 'wakeup call' that will hopefully spark a change in me.
byeeeee
No comments:
Post a Comment