Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's only for two months.

So I'm on a diet. Wooo hoo. However, my parents have decided that this week they're going to fulfill the childhood dreams my sister and I never got years ago: they bought us cupcakes, muffins, and chocolate to keep at home. Let me tell you something, dear reader, this is a big deal. As children, my sister and I were deprived of sweet pastries, chocolate bars, and candy. When we ever got any sweet is was a special once every six months kind of deal. Well, that's an exaggeration, but it was rare in my childhood. So I wake up Saturday morning to find that not only was I allowed to sleep in without being disturbed, but that my parents had already gone out to buy the groceries for next week! Double win, right? I go to check for breakfast and almost faint - there are cupcakes, CUPCAKES sitting on my counter. Seeing that 9 years ago would definitely be a sight only in my dreams.

Sadly, the fun ends there. For the past three weeks or so I've been trying out this workout I saw in a magazine to workout the abs. On top of the winter weight I've gained, school has not been my friend. So along with the abs workout I've been doing, I'm going to the gym at school, and lifting my household weights to tone my arms. Note: the "Household Weights" I'm referring to are Classico pasta sauce jars and a 80% full 2 litre bottle of Iced Tea. Last week I added in another extra exercise: lying down, you lift your legs to a 90 degree angle and once you reach the top, someone pushes your legs down and you need to get as close to the floor as possible without touching it and lift your legs back up to the 90 degree position. Killer. I've been doing 30 reps three to four times a week.

No matter how much I workout, I continue to face my eternal foe..FOOD! With my childhood dream just chilling in the kitchen, it's hard to go there. I've been drinking tea a lot lately and rejecting my poor perfectly decorated cupcakes, muffins, and crackers. Tangerines, mangos, and Just Right cereal have been my comrades recently. And every time I get close to eating them and breaking my will, BAM! Choi Minho appears (See HBDCMH post). I've thought about posting his wonderful face on those cupcakes, but there are other people in my home. People who don't know about my slight infatuation and would probably be a bit creeped out. So I envision his face there and walk away.. sad.

In two months, my wonderful and incredibly talented best friend will be celebrating her Filipino debut. For you fine readers who have no idea of what a Filipino debut is, let me tell you! It's the celebration of a girl's 18th birthday, a rite of passage if you will. She's incredibly artsy-fartsy and goes to a really good arts high school. Unfortunately for me, her colour theme are the beautiful, but oh-so unattractive on me, dreaded Spring Colours. Until then, I must hold off on the icing and pack on the healthy greens. Good-bye eating after 7 (unless necessary) and good-bye cupcakes in the fridge. and the muffins. And cookies. AHMAGAH, only two more months! I'm hoping it pays off.

Well, time to go to bed. Who am I kidding, I have homework. G'night!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment