No, I'm still rejected from that school. And the standards from
that second school are much, much higher,
so I'm letting myself down before they officially do shut my academic dreams
down. Funny enough though, these past 1.5 - 2 weeks have also been stressful
because my contact at the Indian NGO hasn't been getting back to me. I emailed
him with a bunch of questions and it looked as if I was about to get shut down,
so things were looking bleak. I got a response though, so my summer plans
are safe! Thank God. Literally, though – Thank the Lord God Almighty who reigns
over this sorry human who is supposed to spend her limited time on Earth
worshipping and making disciples.
Remember that Spiritual epiphany I had
last time? I had some time to talk with Him. Maybe it was all just
thinking. Either way, once I got the email back, I immediately resorted to
legalism. Kind of like a ‘I scratch your back, you scratch mine’ type deal.
Then He reminded me that this ain’t about me, and He’s graciously good to me
all the time, and He’s BEEN good to me during my 6 months of drifting. Actually
though.
I felt like my life was over when I got
the rejection. But I’m not one to mope around. I hate that. If it seems like
everything is going wrong you endure.
You don’t sit there and cry, because crying most literally gets you nowhere. It
gets you wet hands, a ruined shirt, a red face that takes 3 hours to normalize
after, and removed foundation for your face. No. When in a tough situation and
all goes wrong you get up and find that solution and at the end of the day you
get in your bed and then you let it
all out. Easy part comes last. It’s like a reward. I’m not one for bottling
emotions, but I will say that there is a place and time to act appropriately
and 9/10 times it is not in public and not when your emotions are in charge of
your body instead of your brain.
How we moved from relief to life lessons is
ridiculous. Just thought you should know. But yeah. Next step is to wait for my
final exams to come out, buy that ticket, and tell select friends until I
randomly disappear.
No comments:
Post a Comment