So maybe my life isn't as messed up as I initially thought it to be. Maybe my future/life after graduation could be something legit. I'm not 100% sure, but right now I'm in an excited mood. Like the feeling I had when I was going to Peru. Adventurous. Yes exactly. Last night's second round interview for an India internship went really well! Definitely overthought everything. It turned out to be an 8+ minute interview and he literally sped through the questions. Good news everyone (a la Professor Farnsworth)! Accommodation is provided, and I gets paiiiiiid! I was told it wasn't a lot, but yes, I will be getting paid as much as the other interns. This could be real.. I don't want to get too excited, and I don't even know what internship I would be getting.. Hell, I don't even have a position. I was told that they'd look into things for me to do, so I guess we'll see. In more future related news, I've come up with a backup plan incase that Master's program doesn't work out (Which I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it will. Must work on grades). I can do a certificate program at my university for Project Management (relevant, no?) and do internships while working cause I'm pretty sure it's a night class for adults furthering their studies. I've also applied to volunteer for a Policy Researcher for an NGO, and hoping to hear back from them soon. Filled and sent in my application to be an Assistant Researcher for another NGO for a position in.. HONG KONG. Not sure if I'll even get to hear back from that one, cause y'know.. there are people out there who actually know what they're doing and who knows how many people applied cause it was posted internationally and yo what if I'm 1/250 people who applied, ugh I'm probably not gonna get it buy MAYBE JUST MAYBE. Or maybe I'll see every single plan fall and just hang at home and work twice a week trying to pay off my bills. #sadness (FYI hashtags are very in right now, future me. Trust me, it's totally relevant).
So yeah, I think time will tell for the future.
In non-related news, I had the strangest encounter with some first years. These two guys wanted to share my study room (No one ever asks that. Ever.) so I told them they could have it since I was gonna leave in 20 minutes. They then thought that I meant they could come on in - I didn't. I meant come back in 20. We bonded over Childish Gambino and then asked me to rate them. I gave Douchebag Asian a 6, cause he was alright, but needed a reality check. I gave Nice Black Guy a 7 cause he dressed nice and was a decent non-douchebag. Anyways they tried to creep my name from my Starbucks cup which didn't have my name on it. We settled for Beyonce. I ended up leaving earlier than I wanted cause I wasn't bout to sit there was make fetus friends. The interaction ended with Nice Black Guy telling me to 'Follow me on Twitter! Thanks, Beyoncé!' It's nice to be the recipient of attention and have this so unexpected interaction. Defs and ego booster especially since.. yeah (Future me: naw mean?). But yeah, fun story.
No comments:
Post a Comment